Experimenting with a new compact review format, consisting of keywords and bullet-points.
- How it sounds: grainy sound, hazy distant sparse vocals, feels like instrumental, embroidery riffing with a crunchy edge, artistic monotony
- How it feels: elegant, optimistic, nostalgic, oozing, traveling through verdant barrows, ancient pagan soul, from forest floors unknown, mythological, green seascapes
- Sounds like: Ancient (Svartalvheim-era), Heathen (International), Burzum
- Shortcomings: stretched out too much, could use more vocals
- Verdict: A very nice -if somewhat protracted- atmospheric, riff-heavy black metal of a definite naturalistic hue.