"/assets/images/music/a2002165649_10.jpg", "height"=>100, "width"=>100}" />
Insulter’s Altar – Devastating the Original Sin (Independent, 2019)
- How it sounds: through a Kampfar lens, traces of thrashing inferno and De Mysteriis riffage, ridge-like lines riffs, hints of dissonance, slightly flirting with ritual atmosphere, rehearsal atmosphere, gnarly vocals
- How it feels: assimilated are the pillars of Norsk Svart Metall, a drakkar moving steadily through ice covered seas, furious, turbulent, great tape cover and logo
- Sounds like: Kampfar, Ondskapt, Tsjuder, Norsk Svart Metall
- Shortcomings: oscillating songwriting quality, not reaching their full potential
- Verdict: Kind of a tour-de-force of the ideal late ’90s Norse sound, somewhat like Tsjuder had done in Desert Northern Hell. The 2 tracks that appeared first (Desecration of the Light and Queen of Flesh) remain the best of the bunch. Good potential, it being their first demo and all.